Emirates Aviation University’s graduation addresses industry’s skill shortages
Against the backdrop of a sharp shortage of skilled aviation professionals globally, Emirates Aviation University (EAU), the academic wing of the Emirates Group, is ushering 474 highly qualified graduates into the workforce at its 32nd graduation ceremony. The ceremony is being held over two days – 12 and 13 January – with graduates representing 56 nationalities, including 136 UAE Nationals, a reflection of the multicultural milieu of the UAE.
HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman and Chief Executive Emirates Airline and Group, and EAU Chancellor, was on hand to congratulate the students and confer the awards. He said: “The aviation industry is directly and indirectly responsible for millions of jobs worldwide. The industry has created a whole spectrum of highly valued roles that demand continual education and professional qualifications.
The EAU’s programmes are designed to maximise our students’ knowledge, skills and employability. We’re extremely proud of our alumni, who now number more than 25,000, and enjoy a high 84% employability. EAU’s aviation degrees across different disciplines have proved to be solid investments in their professional careers. I congratulate our graduates and wish them every success in their professional and personal lives, and a bright future ahead.”
Parents, faculty and senior executives cheered the postgraduates and undergraduates as they received their certificates from HH Sheikh Ahmed in a range of disciplines, including aviation management, aeronautical engineering, aviation safety/security, logistics and supply chain management, mechanical and aircraft maintenance engineering, and artificial intelligence and data science.
Professor Ahmad Al Ali, Emirates Aviation University Vice-Chancellor said: “Warm congratulations to our graduates as we wish them promising and fulfilling careers – they’ve truly made us proud! They will enter their professional lives fully confident of meeting challenges in their chosen careers and creating a positive impact using well-honed abilities, industry knowledge, practical skills, and business ethics acquired during their time with us.
Emirates Aviation University has played a major role in meeting increasing demand for skilled and professional aviation specialists regionally and globally. The University has also helped companies train and develop employees to be at the forefront of trends, technology and transformative forces.”
Among the 474 graduates are 115 postgraduates, 321 bachelors and 38 advanced diploma students. It also includes 75 Emirates-sponsored students, including employees pursuing further qualifications.
Since its founding in 1991, EAU has become the leading educational institution for aviation studies in the region. It has grown phenomenally in the last three decades, especially across its facilities, faculties, learning resources and global accreditations, including most recently from The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, UK. The scope of the University’s academic programmes have expanded to a wide spectrum of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes. EAU offers a six-month internship programme with the Emirates Group for students who demonstrate extraordinary academic performance.
EAU programmes are recognised and accredited by the following bodies:
• Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs (MOE)
• The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA)
• The General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA)
• The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA), UK
• The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transportation (CILT), UK
• The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
• The Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS)
Top 10 reasons to join Emirates Aviation University
1. Established more than three decades ago and has an excellent track record with 25,000+ alumni.
2. The leading University for aviation studies in the region.
3. Graduate employability stood at a high 84% in 2021.
4. Offers a range of training, graduate, postgraduate and research programmes in a range of aviation and non-aviation disciplines.
5. Recognised and accredited by top education entities locally and globally.
6. The first non-federal educational institution to receive a 5 Stars QS rating in the region and 5 stars for its MBA in Aviation Management programme.
7. Faculty from diverse backgrounds – eminent entrepreneurs, policymakers, researchers and consultants – and an impressive student-faculty ratio of 18:1.
8. 70 state-of-the-art classrooms, 16 fully equipped labs and workshops, digital and print library with over 130,000 e-books and over 13,000 print books, on-campus student accommodation with full facilities.
9. Opportunity for internships and on-the-job training with top companies. Six-month internship programme with the Emirates Group for students who demonstrate extraordinary academic performance.
10. Has the full backing, support and expertise of the Emirates Group.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.