Etisalat removes off-peak discounts for international calls
Etisalat has discontinued the two-tier international calls tariff structure by doing away with the differentiation between peak and off-peak rates, the UAE’s telecom service provider announced on Sunday.
In a text message sent to its post-paid customers, Etisalat noted: “Please be informed international calling rates have been simplified and peak/off-peak tariff differentiation has been removed.”
While a Dh1.8 per minute standard rate applies for all international calls, the rate drops to 33fils/minute if a user is subscribed to one of Etisalat’s new bundled offers called ‘Saving Packs’ that provide subscribers with a variety of Saving Packs covering different communication needs.
A Basic Plan (Dh50/month) under the offer gives 50 flexible minutes (local, international and incoming roaming) bundled with 50MB of data usage. In addition, subscribers can choose up to 10 Savings Packs per type based on their preference. The offers include a choice of 200 local minutes or 100 international minutes for Dh50 per month. Among other Saving Packs offer are 150 flexible minutes (local, international and incoming roaming) or 50 incoming roaming minutes for Dh50 per month.
The Saving Packs include:
1. Flexi pack: 150 minutes Local & International, Incoming Roaming minutes
2. Local pack: 200 Local minutes
3. International pack: 100 International minutes
4. Roaming pack: 50 Roaming Incoming minutes
5. Data pack: 1 GB Data
6. SMS pack: 500 Local and International SMS
7. Free Number pack: Unlimited Calls to one Etisalat Number
Each pack is for Dh50 per month, and a one-time subscription fee of Dh125 applies.
Other benefits for subscribers include:
• Local calls 25 fils vs. 30 fils/min. standard rate
• International calls 33fils/min. vs. Dh1.8 standard rate
• 1GB Data for Dh50 vs. 1GB Data for Dh100 market price
• Data out of bundle rate of Dh1/MB vs. Dh2.5/MB market price
•International SMS 10fils/SMS vs. 60 fils standard rate
• Incoming roaming minutes Dh1/min. vs. Dh3 standard rate
• Flexibility and freedom to create and manage your own plan
• 50 flexible minutes and 50MB data every month for only Dh50 as a monthly rental.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.