Kids with matchbox set Dubai house on fire
Three children, between the ages of two and four, escaped certain death after a fire broke out in their home, ‘Al Bayan’ newspaper reports.
Ahmed Mohammed Ahmed, Head of Fire Examination, Forensic Evidence Department, Dubai Police, said the fire was caused due to negligence of a relative who left a box of matches and cigarettes on a table in an external ‘majlis’ attached to the house.
He added that the operation room received a tip off that a fire broke out in a majlis attached to a house. The door was locked with the children inside and the flames were devouring the place.
He added that the civil defence teams and fire experts were forced to break down the door and save the children from certain death.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.