- City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
- Dubai 05:31 06:49 12:14 15:11 17:33 18:52
UAE introduced mandatory unemployment insurance for citizens and expats starting January 1, 2023. It is mandatory for all employees whether they are expat or Emiratis working for public and private sector to be registered for the unemployment insurance scheme, Employees not registering will be imposed fine.
Whereas few categories have been in exempt category and few are getting alerts that they are not currently covered by the unemployment insurance in (ILOE) website.
Free zone employees when trying to register are receiving an alert stating, “If you are an employee in a free zone; please note that workers in free zones are not currently covered by the unemployment insurance product (ILOE).
However, there are certain categories exempt from the unemployment insurance scheme:
• Investors (Owners of companies they work at)
• Domestic helpers
• Temporary contract workers
• Juveniles under the age of 18
• Retirees entitled to pension and joined a new job
• Employees working in Freezones
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.