- City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
- Dubai 04:51 06:05 12:13 15:37 18:16 19:29
The Top Employers Institute in the UAE has selected its top employers in the country.
The annual ranking recognises employers in the UAE – and across the world – for providing good employee conditions, developing talent and optimising employment practices.
Below is the list of companies that made it to the final and have been selected as the winners based on their standards of employee offerings.
AbbVie UAE is a part of AbbVie, a global biopharmaceutical company. It employees more than 28,000 worldwide with operations in more than 170 countries.
Adidas Group UAE (adidas Emerging Markets LLC) is into sporting goods industry. The company employs 54,000 people with operations in 160 countries.
DHL is a transport and logistics company with 325,000 employees in over 220 countries and territories.
Dow Chemicals United Emirates has a portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses. The parent company Dow employs more than 53,000 people globally.
Goodyear Dubai is part of tyre company Goodyear. It employs about 68,000 people and manufactures products in 50 facilities in 22 countries around the world.
Tata Consultancy Services UAE is an IT services company in UAE, offering IT services, business solutions and outsourcing. TCS has been operating in UAE for more than 20 years and more than 1,200 TCS consultants are engaged with clients in UAE.
Technip France - Abu Dhabi, is a company into project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry. It has 40,000 people employed and has presence in 48 countries.
The Top Employers Institute assessed shortlisted companies on their talent strategy, workforce planning, on-boarding, learning and development, performance management, leadership development, career and succession management, compensation and benefits and culture.
These companies give pay packages, perks and a work environment that most employee would like to have. A salary above the legal requirement, the option of taking your child to work, offering a flexi-work option, availability of several opportunities to develop an employee’s career, are some and has a long list of perks.
We list some of their most remarkable offerings that have put them on the list.
The more obvious and direct perks – compensation and benefits – includes year-on-year evolution of total rewards, employee discounts on company services/products, employee referral bonus, subsidy medical insurance and loan/loan repayment.
• Employee referral bonus is a way to award current employees with a bonus if they refer a candidate who is ultimately hired.
• Loan repayment is a relatively new offering. For example, if you have a student loan, then the employer will contribute a certain amount towards an employee’s student-loan principal for up to a certain period of time bringing down the interest.
• Providing a flexible working environment is also what matter to employees and is being offered by the companies listed above.
Flexi-time working, time off in lieu (TOIL)/time-for-time, telecommuting/working from home and bringing a child to work (in emergency) pad up the list.
• Time off In Lieu (TOIL) is time off which staff are allowed to take for hours worked beyond the normal working day. TOIL applies to additional periods of work either before or after the normal working day. This ensures that staff does not feel overworked.
Besides this, these companies offer coaching, mentor and peer support programmes, 180- and/or 360-degree feedback, e-Learning (module), simulations and learning games.
Secondary benefits such as car/travel allowance, company car, well-being programmes, fitness centre membership subsidy/reimbursement, health screening, weight loss, nutritional information, on-site flu vaccinations, sabbatical/career break, onsite nursing/feeding/mothers’ room and wellness programmes are some of the others to add to the list.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.