Which brand is the Gulf Product of the Year?
The Product of the Year 2014 awards were handed over to leading brands from across the GCC countries at an awards ceremony last night.
Recognising excellence in innovation through an independent process, the awards are based on consumer votes.
Below is the full list of 2014’s winners:
• Biofinity Family (Vision Care)
• Nude Audio Move Portable Wireless Speakers (Portable Speakers)
• Oral-BTriumph 5000 with SmartGuide (Oralcare)
• Philips ActiveCare Jojoba Straightener (Hair Appliances)
• Braun Silk-épil SkinSpa (Hair Removal solutions)
• Philips Beardtrimmer Series 9000 (Male Grooming)
• Sensodyne Complete Protection (Toothpaste)
• Nivea Men Originals Range (Men’s Skincare)
• Garnier Light Oil Control (Whitening Facecare)
• Maybelline New York The Colossal Kajal (Make Up)
• Nivea Stress Protect Deodorants (Deodorants for women)
• Carefree Plus Large + Aloe 48s (Feminine Care)
• Nivea In-Shower Body Lotions (Body Moisturiser)
• Pantene Milky Damage Shampoo, Conditioner and Oil Replacement Range (Haircare Range)
• Excellence Creme (Hair Colourants)
• Tresemme Hair Care Range (Professional Haircare & Styling)
• Head & Shoulders Itchy Scalp Care Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and Conditioner (Anti-Dandruff Haircare)
• Nivea Men Shower Gels (Men’s Shower Care)
• LUX Soft Touch Shower Gel (Skin Cleansing)
• Johnson’s Baby No More Tangles Little People’s Hair Care range (Babycare)
• Milupa Aptamil Junior (Baby Nutrition)
• Pampers Premium Care (Baby Diapers)
• Kleenex Arabesque Facial Tissue Bundle (Premium Facial Tissues)
• Sanita Sufra Matwiya Poly Ethylene Table Covers (Disposable Tableware)
• Kleenex Classiq Facial Tissue Bundle (Classic Facial Tissues)
• Air Wick Aoud Passions (Home Fragrances)
• Fairy Platinum (Dishcare)
• Ariel Capsule (Laundrycare)
• Afia Corn Oil (Cooking Oil)
• Rio Mare Salatuna Beans Recipe (Canned Tuna)
• Nature Valley Oats & Chocolate (Snack Bar)
• London Dairy Crispy Chocolate Espresso (Ice Cream)
• KRAFT Cheddar Cheese - New Easy to Use Cans (Cheese)
• Lipton Chai Latte Foamy (Hot Beverages)
Conducted by market research partner TNS, the award involves a GCC and region-wide consumer survey involving face-to-face interviews with 3,600 households on the perception of various new products that have been launched in the GCC market – not only in FMCG but also other industries such as electronics and vision care.
The award is selected by an independent jury which vets the consumers’ choices and manages the entire process. The jury includes representatives from The Dubai Chamber, The French Business Council, The Gulf Organization for Industrial Consulting and the American University of Sharjah, among others.
Dory Kfoury, CEO – Middle East and Africa for Product of the Year, said: “Congratulations to all the winners of the Product of the Year 2014 awards, and this recognition is a major endorsement for all the winning brands by the consumers. The Product of the Year is the world’s largest consumer-voted programme that recognises innovation in consumer packaged goods. With its success in the GCC region since last year, the award has received a major thumbs-up from companies as it is voted by consumers. We sincerely thank all our partners, and in particular TNS for their survey and support in this journey.”
Partners for this year include GN Broadcasting, Rotana, Gulf Marketing Review, TNS, Traffik 360 for below the line advertising, INTO All Marketing Solutions and Integral Shopper for their marketing support.
The Product of the Year awards has been recently introduced in Russia, Malaysia and South Korea. Japan and Tunisia will launch their first edition in 2014.
“Each year 24,000 new products are launched on the market in the consumer goods arena worldwide, only 10 per cent of them succeed to stay on shelf for three years and less than 40 per cent of them manage to stay in the market beyond five years,” says Carla El Saghir, Gulf Area Manager, Product of the Year.
“The Product of the Year Middle East award serves as a shortcut for the shoppers in the supermarket making their product choice easier in a sea of endless options. For manufacturers of the winning products, the POY recognition is a powerful marketing message proven to increase product trial, awareness, distribution and sales.”
Globally, POY has been working with over 100 multinationals and a number of local and regional companies and invites companies from all sectors to submit their entries: Health and Beauty, Food and Beverage, Electronics and Technology and Travel.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.