4.49 PM Tuesday, 23 July 2024
  • City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
  • Dubai 04:15 05:38 12:28 15:52 19:12 20:35
23 July 2024

Woman kidnapped from Satwa...

By Eman Al Baik

An Emirati allegedly kidnapped a Filipina and threatened to kill her after having his friends rape her in Mirdif, the Dubai Criminal Court heard.

According to the Prosecution sheet MK, 26, and his uncle, WD, (fugitive), are accused of forcibly driving the 31-year-old visitor to Mirdif and threatening to have her raped and killed.

The accused allegedly said: "I will take you to Mirdif where my friends will have sex with you and then I will kill you.”

The victim testified before the Prosecution that the suspect and his uncle kidnapped her at about 4am from Satwa while she waited for her friend outside her house.

"My friend asked me over the phone to wait for her because she needed me to walk her to the grocery store… suddenly a car stopped next to me and two men asked me why I was standing out. They offered to drive me but I refused after telling them that I was waiting for my friend. I walked away but they followed me in their car before the suspect went out and pulled me by my hair and beat me hard. He slapped me repeatedly. Then I tried to escape from his grip and run to the bus station, but he continued beating me. Then he pulled me down to the ground and put his foot over my head… then he bit my right ear," the victim told Prosecutors.

The friend arrived at the scene and tried to prevent the suspect from assaulting the victim.

"He called his uncle for help and the two dragged me by my legs and forced me into the car. They drove towards Mirdif and my friend came along. While we were in the vehicle, the kidnapper said to me that 10 of his friends will rape me before killing me. He continued beating me in the car. When we arrived at a certain place five men came and spoke to him. Then the suspect's uncle dropped me home and I rushed to a grocery store and called the police," she said.

The Court presided by Judge Al Saeed Mohammad Barghouth adjourned the case until the suspect is notified about the next hearing on February 1.