New UAE Cabinet takes oath in front of Mohammed bin Rashid
With the approval of The UAE President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler of Abu Dhabi, the Ministers of the 12th Cabinet of the UAE government took the oath on Sunday before His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, at Mushrif Palace in Abu Dhabi, in the presence of His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
Following is the list of the new cabinet:
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum – Prime Minister and Minister of Defence
- Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan - Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior
- Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan - Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs
- Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum - Minister of Finance
- Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan - Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
- Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan - Minister of Culture and Knowledge Development
- Sheikha Lubna bint Khalid Al Qasimi - Minister of State for Tolerance
- Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Gergawi - Minister of Cabinet Affairs and Future
- Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri - Minister of Economy
- Dr. Abdul Rahman bin Mohammed bin Nasser Al Owais - Minister of Health and Prevention
- Saqr bin Ghubash Saeed Ghubash - Minister of Human Resources and Emiratisation
- Dr. Anwar bin Mohammed Gargash - Minister of State for Foreign Affairs
- Obaid bin Humaid Al Tayer - Minister of State for Financial Affairs
- Reem bint Ibrahim Al Hashimy - Minister of State for International Cooperation
- Suhail bin Mohammed Faraj Al Mazroui - Minister of Energy
- Hussain bin Ibrahim Al Hammadi - Minister of Education
- Dr. Abdullah bin Mohammed Belhaif AlNuaimi - Minister of Infrastructure Development
- Sultan bin Saeed Al Badi - Minister of Justice
- Najla bint Mohammed Al Awar - Minister of Community Development
- Mohammed bin Ahmed Al Bowardi - Minister of State for Defence Affairs
- Dr. Thani bin Ahmed Al-Zeyoudi - Minister of Climate Change and Environment
- Jameela bint Salem Al Muhairi - Minister of State for General Education
- Dr. Ahmad bin Abdulla Humaid Belhoul AlFalasi - Minister of State for Higher Education
- Sultan bin Ahmed Al Jaber - Minister of State
- Dr. Maitha bint Salem Al Shamsi - Minister of State
- Dr. Rashid bin Ahmed bin Fahad - Minister of State
- Ohood bint Khalfan Al Roumi - Minister of State for Happiness
- Noura bint Mohammed Al Kaabi - Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs
- Shamma bint Sohail Faris AlMazrui - Minister of State for Youth Affairs
Declared by Decree No. 28 for the year 2016, the Ministers took oath following the announcement of the 12th Cabinet by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum after consultations with His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and the approval of President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
Sheikh Mohammed wished all success to the Ministers in fulfilling their responsibilities, and called for increased efforts to achieve the vision and aspirations of the UAE President.
Sheikh Mohammed urged the Ministers to work together as a team in the developmental march to make the UAE one of the best nations in the world.
Sheikh Mohammed said, "Our ambitions are limitless, and the UAE has high expectations from you. We see you as trustworthy, and hope that the UAE and its citizens will always remain your top priority."
Sheikh Mohammed also said that the future government reflects the vision of the UAE leadership to achieve further development and prosperity in all fields. "The formation of the new Ministry is the first step in a new thinking in government framework, and its tools are youth, happiness and knowledge development. The next stage requires your new ideas to be applied in field."
His Highness added, "We seek to achieve major developmental leaps in all vital sectors of our country in line with its leading position on the global level."
The Ministers expressed their pride in the leadership and said they were honoured to be a part of the team of the future government. They expressed their commitment to increased efforts to serve the nation and its citizens, and achieve the aspirations of the government and leadership.
Sheikh Mohammed announced the formation of the future government through his direct interaction in the 'Dialogue of the Future', a conversation with 10 million followers on social media platforms.
During his interactions, His Highness stated that the new Cabinet focuses on the future, youth and happiness, and efforts to develop education and combat climate change. He also said that the new ministry ensures strategic and regulatory roles for the Ministers, and sets a roadmap for outsourcing most government services to the private sector. The new Cabinet has fewer Ministries but more Ministers to manage changes and the dynamic strategic portfolios.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.