The UAE and the India exchanged a number of cooperation agreements and memorandums of understanding in a number of areas.
The exchange ceremonies were witnessed by His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, and Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India at Hyderabad House in New Delhi.
The exchange ceremonies were also witnessed by Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, and Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Chairman of the Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Court, as well as a number of ministers and officials from the UAE and India.
The agreements and MoU's, which had been already signed, comprised of the following:
- A memorandum of understanding titled, the Executive Program for Cultural Cooperation between the Government of the UAE and the Government of India (2016-2018). The MoU aims at developing and boosting cultural relations between the two countries, protection of national heritage and exchange of publications of mutual interest.
- A memorandum of understanding between the UAE's Insurance Authority and the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). The MoU aims at promoting cooperation in the area of insurance regulations.
- A memorandum of understanding between the Government of the United Arab Emirates and the Government of the Republic of India. The MoU sets deals with facilitating contributions of UAE investment funds to investment in India's infrastructure. It also aims at achieving further economic, trade and investment cooperation.
- A memorandum of understanding between the UAE Space Agency and the Indian Space Research Organization. The MoU facilitates cooperation in the area of space exploration and the peaceful use of outer space. The MoU aims at introducing cooperation in space-related activities and achieving the two states' common interest in the use and development of space technology applications for peaceful purposes.
- A Letter of Intent between the UAE's National Qualifications Authority and India's Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. The LOI establishes for cooperation in the areas in skill development and mutual recognition of qualifications as well as transfer of skilled labor between India and the UAE and implementing the principles of equality and mutual benefits.
- Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation in the area of combating electronic crimes. The MoU was signed between the UAE's Ministry of Interior and India's Ministry of Home Affairs. The MoU aims at boosting cooperation in the area of electronic crimes, which threaten to destabilize societies.
- A General Framework Agreement between the UAE's Ministry of Foreign Affair and India's Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The agreement sets out for cooperation in the area of renewable energy, especially in the area of investments and joint research and development efforts between the two countries.