Near-fatal poisoning from necklace bead on cruise ship
A Louisiana woman says her 2-year-old daughter is recovering from a near-fatal poisoning from a necklace bead while she was on a Caribbean cruise.
Twenty-nine-year-old Samantha Gandy says her daughter Audrey apparently swallowed beads from a necklace her grandmother had received during a previous cruise from a vendor at the dock in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
The Monroe, Louisiana, woman says the girl was drooling and burning with fever and was rushed to a hospital when the ship arrived Thursday in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
She says tests confirmed the child had been poisoned by a crab's eye necklace.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.