Electricity kills two little sisters in Saudi
Two Chadian girls aged below eight years died after being electrocuted while playing close to a street lamp post near their home in flood-hit Jeddah in Saudi Arabia, a newspaper reported on Sunday.
Fatima, 4, had grabbed the lamp post while playing with her seven-year-old sister Amira, 7, and suddenly let out a shrill cry, the Arabic language daily Okaz said in a report from the western Red Sea port.
“Amira rushed to help her, but she was also electrocuted on the spot…. a grocer nearby took a piece of cloth and tried to rescue the two girls, but it was too late,” the paper said.
“The two girls were rushed to the hospital where they were pronounced dead.”
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.