3.59 AM Sunday, 3 December 2023
  • City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
  • Dubai 05:26 06:45 12:11 15:10 17:32 18:50
03 December 2023

Saudi electrocuted during beach stroll

The deceased is believed to have attempted cutting cables when he was electrocuted and died on the spot. (File)

By Staff

A Saudi man died after he was electrocuted by a damaged power cable while strolling on a beach with his family in the Gulf Kingdom.

The man has just finished putting out a small fire left by other beach strollers and stepped back to rejoin his family, when he stumbled on a damaged power cable.

“He was electrocuted by the cable which he did not notice. His family rushed him to hospital, but he was already dead,” ‘Sabq’ Arabic language newspaper said in a report from the Southern Saudi town of Bisha.