Sewage worker dies of asphyxia in Ajman

A file picture. (AFP)

An Asian worker died of asphyxia after inhaling toxic substances while cleaning a sewage pit in Ajman while his friend was rushed to hospital in a serious condition.

Both workers were plucked out of the manhole but one of them died on the way to hospital, police said, quoted by the Arabic language daily Alkhaleej.

“One worker died on the way after inhaling toxic substances while the other was admitted to hospital in a serious condition,” a police spokesman said.

 

Print Email