6.10 PM Thursday, 22 February 2024
  • City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
  • Dubai 05:31 06:45 12:35 15:51 18:20 19:34
22 February 2024

Man drinks poison, mistaking it for alcohol

By Correspondent

A 48-year-old Sri Lankan man is in hospital after drinking insecticide, mistaking it for alcohol, according to a report in ‘Gossip C Lanka.’

The victim told his wife that he wanted to buy medicine for stomach ache. While giving him money, she told him to buy a bottle of insecticide to spray their vegetable plot.

Instead of buying medicine, he had walked into a bar where he bought two quarter-bottles of alcohol and drank one on the spot, saving the other quarter bottle for drinking at home.

Then he bought a bottle of insecticide and put both the bottles of poison and alcohol in his trouser pockets.

On reaching home, he remembered the other bottle of alcohol that he had bought and wanted to drink it at once. He pulled a bottle out of his trouser pockets and gulped it down his mouth.

His throat was smarting as the liquid went down. He looked at the bottle and realised that he had drunk insecticide instead of alcohol.

The scared man ran to his friends, appealing to them to immediately admit him to a hospital.