- City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
- Dubai 05:21 06:34 12:33 15:53 18:26 19:40
There is good news for those of us who take frequent cab rides – and those who frequent stay in hotels.
Hotel operator Starwood and mobile-app-based transportation network Uber have announced a partnership that will give Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) members who ride with Uber the opportunity to earn coveted Starpoints during any Uber ride, anywhere worldwide.
Starwood is offering Uber riders in five cities – including Dubai – a free night at category 1-5 Starwood hotel if you take the ‘SPG #SuiteRide’ today (Saturday).
These limited SPG Ubers will hit the road in Dubai, London, Mexico City, New York, and San Francisco from 2pm-7 pm local time.
“Uber riders who link their Starwood and Uber accounts can select the ‘SPG’ vehicle option within the Uber app for a door-to-door branded hotel experience on wheels and 15,000 Starpoints – good for a free night at category 1-5 Starwood hotel,” Starwood announced.
Worldwide, all SPG members will earn one Starpoint for every $1 (Dh3.7) spent on Uber rides – with bonus earning awarded while in-stay.
After linking existing SPG and Uber accounts at spg.com/uber and completing one qualifying stay in the calendar year at any Starwood hotel worldwide, SPG members using Uber will start earning Starpoints for every Uber ride they take.
#SuiteRide members will also experience unique select amenities from Starwood’s nine brands in their SPG-branded Uber including:
• Westin Hotels: A 10-minute Headspace meditation session, a Westin Heavenly Robe, and a Westin White Tea Travel Set.
• W Hotels: LED mood lighting, music inspired by W, and a Bliss Spa travel pack.
• St. Regis: Fresh flowers; jazz music; Beyond, The St. Regis Magazine; and the St Regis Bloody Mary book.
• Aloft: A mini-refuel kit and free Wi-Fi.
The global partnership is available in every market where Uber operates.
“There’s a Starwood property in the majority of the 291 cities where Uber operates,” said Travis Kalanick, CEO of Uber.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.