Crazy World: Surgeons remove foam from tummy

A 21-year-old man who had tried to commit suicide by drinking a mixture of two liquids - di-isocyanate and a polyol - that he used as insulation material to fill gaps while installing window airconditoner, landed on a surgeon's table.

Unfortunately for the man, the mixture of the two liquids went through a chemical reaction and formed foam, which is similar to the highly resilient foam used in insulation panels and seats, reports The Times of India.

Within a few hours of drinking the chemical, it solidified into foam, thus taking the shape of 25-cm-long esophagus and 15x10 cm stomach.

Since it was one huge white mass, the doctors were able to take it out of the patient's stomach in one go. The texture of the foam was hard and gritty, the surgeon told the daily.

The surgeons later found that when the two liquids were blended it expanded 30 times as hard foam in four minutes and took the shape of the container.

The man is said to be recovering well after the surgery.

The Queen is in hiring mode

ENGLAND: The Queen of England plans to hire someone to do her dishes.

She is a generous employers and is ready to pay for £14,200 a year to whoever is hired for the job.

However, whoever applies for the job and hopes to be a successful candidate will have to be 'punctual, reliable, able to work well in a team and have a flexible and willing attitude', according to the recruitment ad posted by the Palace on the Queen's behalf, reports a UK website.

The ad which has been posted on the royal website says that the Queen's household is looking for a general catering assistant (read: wash up).

The employee will mostly work in the staff restaurant but will be washing up other royal dishes as well. The person will also be moving along with royal household members to different residences in the UK - which would mean trips to Windsor, Sandringham, Balmoral and the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh.

Lottery winner poisoned after payout

CHICAGO: A man died under mysterious circumstances a day after he won the jackpot.

The man had bought a lottery ticket from a nearby store in Chicago where he lived. He won $1 million and died the day after he collected more than $400,000 of prize money, reports News.com.au.

His death was initially termed normal but after his relatives wanted the forsenic experts to take a closer look, it was determined that the man had been poisoned by cynaide.

Now, the man's body is likely to be exhumed for further investigation.

(Home page image courtesy Shutterstock)

Print Email
Comments

Comments