3.27 PM Tuesday, 16 April 2024
  • City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
  • Dubai 04:36 05:52 12:21 15:49 18:45 20:02
16 April 2024

Teenager almost blinded after tinting eyebrows

Pic: Bang

By Bang

A teenager was almost left blinded after suffering a severe reaction from a product used to tint her eyebrows.

Tylah Durie, a 16-year-old beauty student from Victoria, applied some of her 1000 Hour's Eyelash and Brow Dye kit to her brows for a darker look before experiencing severe burns and swelling around her eyes, with excruciating pain shortly afterwards.

She told the Metro newspaper: "I woke up almost blind because of the reaction, my eyes had blown up like huge balloons, I was crying and screaming."

Tylah likened the experience to having sand thrown in her her eyeballs.

She added: "It was like having beach sand thrown in your eyeballs and not being able to get it out, then a stinging like razor blades on my eyebrows."

The teen was later hospitalised with chemical burns where doctors explained that she'd suffered a rare but severe reaction and is lucky that she wasn't permanently blinded.