Woman buried alive in cow manure
Devendri, 35, died after being buried alive in cow manure.
Devendri, 35 - who had been bitten by a snake whilst collecting fire wood in a village in India - was told by a snake charmer that being buried in the cow's dung would get rid of all the poison.
The mother-of-five's husband said: "We tried some medicines, a grinded powder, and tied a rope around her arm. But the snake charmer advised us to cover her in cow dung, so we did."
On why he opted for the unusual method, the charmer - named Murarey - explained: "I'm known in this area to treat animal bites. I think the snake was a cobra. And yes, she died because she was buried."
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.