Woman drops iPhone into bath… dies
A young woman in Russia died after reportedly dropping her iPhone into the bath while it was charging.
According to a report in ‘Metro’, 24-year-old Evgenia Sviridenko was taking a shower at her home in Moscow and browsing through VKontakte – a social networking site similar to Facebook.
The unfortunate incident came to light only when her flatmate went looking for her.
“When I couldn’t raise her I opened the door and saw her floating on the water looking really pale,” she told Metro.
She was quoted as saying that she found the phone on charger at the bottom of the bath and that she unplugged it before pulling Sviridenko out.
Police are investigating if the deceased was using a fake product as Apple chargers are designed with a low voltage to prevent accidents like this from occurring, the report said.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.