The Carlos Tevez saga continues to capture the imagination of the football world with less than 24 hours to go for the January transfer window to end.
Mark Hughes has made a cheeky offer to his former club Manchester City to loan the wantaway striker to QPR if they want to win the title.
QPR boss Hughes admitted it was "probably wishful thinking" that he could bring the Argentine firebrand to Loftus Road.
But Hughes reckons City could boost their title bid by letting the striker join his struggling Rangers so he can play against the Etihad club's title rivals.
Hughes, whose agent Kia Joorabchian is also Tevez's advisor, said: "It's a great thought. You would argue it's like the situation with Emmanuel Adebayor at Spurs.
"If he did come, he would be playing against other top teams and could possibly help Man City win the League."
Hughes brought the best out of Tevez - nine goals in 20 games - when the pair worked together at City.
Tevez has been frozen out at City after falling out with Hughes' successor Roberto Mancini.
"I would take him every day of the week. But much as I would love to think it could happen, I'd be very surprised," admitted Hughes.
"The only thing which might attract City is loaning him out to someone like us, who are not their biggest rivals for the Premier League.
"It's a nice thought, but it's probably wishful thinking that he could end up on loan here. But you never know."
Tevez had been linked with several Europeans clubs including Serie A giants AC Milan who are keeping their options open.
City had reportedly turned down an offer by Liverpool to swap Tevez with Andy Carroll at the last count.
As the transfer window heads into its frenetic final stages, Mancini admits he doesn't know whether Tevez will still be a Manchester City player on Tuesday night.
"I don't know if he will be a City player after tomorrow," said Mancini.
The Italian is aware the last hours before deadlines can trigger amazing deals.
With AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani not completely ruling out a further bid, the window is still open for Tevez.
"I will be in the office from 0900 to 1900 hours for the last two days of the transfer window," Galliani said to Milan Channel.
"I truly believe there will be no surprises. But who knows? In football, anything can happen."
If Tevez remains a City player, it would pitch the 27-year-old back into another collision course with Mancini who insists, however, there are no issues.
"Everyone should answer for his behaviour, always," said the City manager. "These are the rules.
"If a player wants to join another club, it is an option for him. Maybe for the club it is a big problem.
"But Carlos doesn't have any problem with me."
However, Mancini clearly does not want to the Tevez sideshow to distract City's attention from Tuesday's important Premier League encounter with Everton at Goodison Park.