2.36 AM Sunday, 3 December 2023
  • City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
  • Dubai 05:26 06:45 12:11 15:10 17:32 18:50
03 December 2023

Newcastle temporarily advance to the English Premier League runner-up


Newcastle United temporarily advanced to the English Premier League title, thanks to its great victory over its host Leicester City 3-0 today, Monday, in the seventeenth stage of the competition.

Tottenham came from two goals behind at Brentford, to an exciting 2-2 draw.

In the rest of the matches, Brighton beat Southampton 3/1, Fulham beat Crystal Palace 3/0, and Wolverhampton beat Everton 2/1.

And at King Power Stadium, Newcastle settled its victory over Leicester City in the first half hour.

New Zealander Chris Wood opened the scoring for Newcastle from a penalty kick in the third minute, then Miguel Almiron, Paraguay's player, added the second goal in the seventh minute, and Brazilian Jolinton ensured that he scored the third goal in the 32nd minute.

Newcastle raised its score to 33 points in second place, one point ahead of third-place Manchester City, and Leicester City's balance stopped at 17 points in thirteenth place.

Manchester City will be able to regain its position in second place through the confrontation that brings it together with its host, Leeds United, the day after tomorrow, Wednesday.

And at Griffin Park, the first half ended with Brentford ahead of Tottenham, with the goal of carrying the German signature, Vitaly Janelt, in the 15th minute.

Nine minutes after the start of the second half, Evan Toni added the second goal for the home team.

But captain Harry Kane responded with a goal for Tottenham in the 65th minute, and six minutes later Danish international Pierre Emil Hoberg scored the equalizing goal for the away team.

Tottenham raised its score to 30 points in fourth place, compared to 20 points for Brentford in tenth place.

And at Saint Mary's Stadium, Brighton advanced with three goals through Adam Lallana in the 14th minute, Romain Beraud in the 35th minute by mistake, and Solomon March in the 56th minute, then James Ward-Prowse responded with a goal for Southampton in the 74th minute.
The victory raised Brighton's balance to 24 points in sixth place, and Southampton remained in last place with 12 points.

At Selhurst Park, Crystal Palace played most of the second half against Fulham with nine players, after Terek Mitchell was sent off in the 34th minute and James Tomkins in the 57th minute.

Fulham took advantage of the numerical shortage in the ranks of the owners of the land and won the victory with a hat-trick, signed by Bobby Reed in the 31st minute, Tim Reem in the 71st minute, and Alexander Mitrovic in the 80th minute.

The victory raised Fulham to 22 points in eighth place, three points behind Crystal Palace, who finished in eleventh place.

And at Goodison Park, Ari Mina advanced with a goal for Everton in the seventh minute, then Daniel Bodensi equalized for Wolverhampton in the 22nd minute, before Ryan Ait Nuri snatched the deadly winning goal for Wolverhampton in stoppage time.

Wolverhampton raised its score to 13 points, leaving the last place and advancing to third place from the bottom, one point behind Everton, who ranked seventeenth.