- City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
- Dubai 04:52 06:06 12:13 15:36 18:14 19:27
The mega fight between Filipino ring icon Manny Pacquiao and unbeaten pound for pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr is increasingly closer to becoming a reality.
"I do feel that (it's closer than ever) ... everything sounds good out there," Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach told BoxingScene.com.
Earlier, an optimistic Pacquiao told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard/Viva Sports that he expects an announcement "within this month".
"We will make an announcement before the end of this month," said the eight division world champion adding "I think it (the fight) will happen."
Meanwhile the Los Angeles Times reported that both sides have already agreed on the venue of the fight, MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada and the drug-testing condition for both fighters.
However, "there is no final agreement on the purse split although Mayweather is demanding at least 60 per cent of the money," the report added.
Mayweather is targeting a May 2, 2105 date for the fight.
A UAE investment group which guaranteed Floyd Mayweather Jr a record-setting purse of $120 million to fight Manny Pacquiao in Abu Dhabi says the offer is off the table.
M Akbar Muhammad, president and chief operating officer of Akbar Productions LLC, New Jersey, says the deadline to accept the offer has passed.
"We want to deal with serious individuals, individuals who have the ability to make a decision," Muhammad was quoted as telling Boxingscene.com.
A long-time boxing in the US, Muhammad who worked with Don King, said he had put on notice that the offer made late November would be rescinded in the first week of January.
"The Abu Dhabi group is serious, and i will not allow them to dangle an inordinate amount of time. Now that time has come and the offer is gone," said Muhammad slamming Mayweather's 'The Money Team' for not disregarding their offer.
However, he promised boxing fans in the Middle East that he would be going ahead with plans to have "a world championship card in Abu Dhabi during the spring of 2015" even if there is "No Mayweather".
Meanwhile, in another development, Team Pacquiao has given Mayweather until end of this month to sign the agreement for the proposed May 2 fight.
Michael Konz, adviser to Filipino ring icon Pacquiao, says discussions are ongoing on how to share the revenue of what is potentially the richest fight in boxing history.
"We're waiting for word from Floyd," Koncz said to the Manila Bulletin. "We're giving this until the end of month."
Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, is in talks with CBS CEO Les Moonves, who is representing Mayweather.
Filipino ring icon Manny Pacquaio has stepped up his campaign to make the long-awaited mega fight with unbeaten American Floyd Mayweather Jr happen this year.
Mayweather has literally gone into hiding ever since publicly declaring his intention of fighting Pacquiao during an interview on Showtime last year.
He even pencilled in a May 2 date for what would undoubtedly be the richest boxing fight in history.
It triggered a frenzy of excitement across the boxing world with promoters going into overdrive to make it a reality.
A UAE investment group recently upped the stakes in its bid to lure Mayweather into the same ring with Pacquiao in Abu Dhabi by raising the American's already record-setting purse to an unprecedented $120 million.
President and chief operating officer of Akbar Productions, LLC of New Jersey, Muhammad has made a formal offer to Mayweather Promotions.
"Mr. Mayweather has said he'll fight Pacquiao in the spring, so the only matter that needs to be resolved is the money," said Muhammad, who has previously worked with Don King.
However, Mayweather's 'The Money Team', appears to be still engaged in hard negotiations to secure the bulk of the revenue for their fighter.
Pacquiao launched a fresh challenge to Mayweather after demolishing another previously undefeated American, Chris Algieri, last November.
"I will try my best to (make) this a thrilling and entertaining fight," said the Filipino, winner of an unprecedented eight world titles in different weight classes, after accepting the gauntlet thrown by Mayweather.
Pacquiao tweeted soon after his 36th birthday: "@FloydMayweather, don't be a boxing humbug. Let's give the fans the fight they want. They have waited long enough."
The Filipino boxing legend has been consistent in his willingness to take on Mayweather urging his rival to make boxing history.
"The ball will drop at midnight to usher in 2015. @FloydMayweather let's not drop the ball on fighting each other next year! #LetsMakeFistory" he tweeted on eve of 2015.
Now the WBO welterweight champion has posted a photo of his own, showing Mayweather he is waiting for him to sign the agreement for the fight.
"Floyd brags about his lifestyle and everything! I don't care! I'm just waiting here for him to sign the contract! #fightpacquiao," Pacquiao wrote, according to Boxingscene.com.
Mayweather is under increasing to live up to his promise of fighting Pacquiao with another top welterweight contender Amir Khan also taunting him.
British boxer Khan has been chasing a Mayweather since 2013 and proved his pedigree by winning unanimous decisions over former champions Luiz Collazo and Devon Alexander.
On Sunday, Khan posted a photo on his social network accounts, letting everyone know what is biggest goal for 2015 - Mayweather.
"He (Mayweather) has reached a dead end. He has nowhere to run but to fight me," Pacquiao told hours after the Mayweather issued the May 2 challenge on US television.
In 2012 there was speculation that a fight between the two could lead to the first $200 million purse in boxing history with much of that money coming from pay-per-view sales.
At one point Pacquiao says Mayweather offered him a $40 million purse on the condition Mayweather would keep the pay-per-view money, which would have amounted to more than double what Pacquiao received.
Previous talks were also scuttled because Mayweather says Pacquiao refused to submit to random blood testing.
Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis has also said that a Mayweather-Pacquiao showdown was "still on top of my list" of the fights he wanted to see in 2015.
"Stop the madness and make it happen. If we could make Lewis-Tyson happen with HBO and Showtime, they can get it together for Mayweather-Pacquiao and make history again," Boxingscene.com reported Lewis as saying.
The ball is now in Mayweather's court to create 'Fistory'.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.