Apparent battery fire of rose gold iPhone 7 Plus prompts investigation following Samsung Galaxy Note 7 fears.
18-year-old Brianna Olivas of Tucson, Arizona posted a video on Wednesday, that instantly went viral. The video shows smoke pouring out of one side of her Rose Gold iPhone 7 Plus and the device’s case melting away.
So my IPhone 7 plus blew up this morning 🤗 was not even using it, literally no explanation for this pic.twitter.com/sQ8CJt4Y69— Bree✨ (@briannaolivas_) February 23, 2017
Apple is investigating claims that an iPhone 7 Plus “blew up” due to battery issues, following the posting of a video and photos of the destroyed smartphone on Twitter.