29 students, 2 adults taken to hospitals amid fears of carbon monoxide in Ga. school

Authorities say 29 students and two adults have been taken to hospitals after 500 students were evacuated from an Atlanta elementary school amid concerns about carbon monoxide in the building.

Atlanta fire Capt. Marian McDaniel tells The Associated Press that 29 students, a teacher and a cafeteria worker were taken to area hospitals Monday morning.

McDaniel said Atlanta firefighters detected high and unsafe levels of carbon monoxide near a furnace at Finch Elementary School, on the city's southwest side.

Firefighters responded to the scene shortly after 8 a.m., after reports that people were unconscious at the school. McDaniel said firefighters found people sickened, but no one was unconscious.

Video from WSB-TV showed images of rescue crews carrying young children, strapped to gurneys with oxygen masks on their faces.

Print
  • Twitter
  • submit to reddit
comments powered by Disqus
Find the best properties for sale & rent in the UAE
Available on the App StoreAndroid app on Google PlayGet it at BlackBerry App World

Most Popular on Emirates 24|7

Latest jobs available

More jobs on Emirates 24|7

Poll

Which of these wearable devices are you most likely to buy first?

In Case You Missed It ...

eSuggestion eComplain eComplain eSuggestion

Follow
Emirates 24|7

Follow
Emirates 24|7
Pinterest Facebook Facebook Twitter RSS

Your Feedback

Are you satisfied with your browsing experience?