Indian and Pakistani music aficionados thronged the venue at the World Trade Centre in Dubai on Thursday evening to be part of the grand finale of the reality show Sur Kshetra.
As with most events, the show began almost an hour late, but once it started it ensured the audiences were glued to their seats.
So what, if the hall was not filled to capacity, they were treated to the mastery of legends, who comprised the jury panel - Asha Bhosle, Runa Laila, Abida Parveen, Ghulam Ali, Ismail Darbar and Sajjad.
Once the teams stepped on to the stage, the crowd turned noisy. The audiences gathered, however, seemed to support the Pakistani singers more.
Pakistan team’s mentor Atif Aslam was the favourite, with girls especially hooting for him. And when he rendered his 5-minutes medley the crowd went berserk.
Himesh Reshamiya, Indian team’s mentor did not fail to impress either. He belted out 25 of his songs in 14 minutes. ‘Mujhe yaad sataye teri’, ‘Go go Govinda’ and ‘Hookah bar’ got the crowd on their feet.
But once the contestants took stage, it was serious business. The judges were seen attentively listening and so were the mentors, who were both seated on stage.
Did we see Aslam missing whenever a member from the Indian team sang?
While the judges had a word of appreciation for Reshamiya’s team, Aslam stressed that his team’s versatility was more important for him.
The audience seems to like Nabeel Shaukat Ali, while Yash Raj and Diljaan were the judges favourites.
Who do you think deserves to win? The finale will be aired on December 29.
Until then, keep your comments coming.
Latest jobs available
- Business Development Executive - EngineeringManpower Middle East ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-11-23
- Accountant (Real Estate)Manpower Middle East ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-11-23
- Regional ManagerManpower Middle East ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-11-23
- Data Stewards ResourcesEjadah Management Consultancy ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-11-23
- Export Logistics CoordinatorManpower Middle East ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-11-23