Katrina Kaif preferred to go for Knight and Day after dumping Gunday.
Kaif decided to dump her ‘Rakhi’ brother Arjun Kapoor and go for Hrithik Roshan and work in the Siddharth Anand remake of Knight and Day for Karan Johar.
And this has meant that the role in Gunday has been thrown wide open. Earlier the makers were keen on Sonakshi Sinha or Parineeti Chopra because they wanted someone with an Indian look. But then once she heard about it, Priyanka Chopra ran off to the Yash Raj office to grab what Katrina Kaif had let go.
Priyanka was very clear she wanted to desperately be in that film and the very girl who had charged a bomb to act opposite Uday Chopra in Pyaar Impossible albeit at a fancy price, asked for her pound of flesh for having worked with a not so happening name like Chopra and thus bagged the lead role in Gunday.
Mind you, one of the people she short-strawed in the process is her own cousin Parineeti Chopra who was one of the prime contenders for that role because she has been working on a few YRF films after having served as a PR professional in the same company.
And when the makers are getting a bigger and better actress like Priyanka they have opted to go for Piggy Chops than her relatively new cousin. But then the final call is still to be made and the name of the heroine will be announced shortly from now.
Gunday is being directed by Ali Abbas Zafar who had earlier directed Tere Bin Laden successfully and made a name for himself.
Gunday is being produced by Aditya Chopra for Yash Raj Films.
Latest jobs available
- Cost Control/ Quality Control - Civil Engineerياسر يغمور للمقاولات والصيانة ,Jeddah , Saudi Arabia2014-11-24
- Senior Java DeveloperiHorizons ,Amman, Jordan2014-11-24
- Director of OperationsGastronomica ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-11-24
- Project EngineerGastronomica ,Al Kuwait, Kuwait2014-11-24
- Sales Engineer – Yanbu (Mechanical Engineering)John Crane ,Yanbu, Saudi Arabia2014-11-24