Six Emirati girls were injured in a fatal collision between a truck and a bus in Aerad area of Al Ain on Saturday, which claimed one life.
Another Al Ain crash: Emirati girl killed; 6 hurt
The bus they were travelling in caught fire in the impact of the crash
Directorate of Traffic and Patrols at Abu Dhabi Police said the mishap occurred due to heavy fog in the morning hours.
The bus in which the girls were travelling caught fire in the impact of the collision, injuring them.
The girls were aged between 17 and 20 years.
The driver of the bus, a 23-year-old Pakistani national, was also injured in the accident.
Emergency crew transferred the injured girls to a hospital in Al Ain.
Maj. Salah Abdullah Humairi, head of traffic and patrols, urged drivers to exercise caution while driving in fog.
It is suspected that the truck came in from an inner lane without checking if the road ahead was clear, resulting in a collision with the bus.
Latest jobs available
- Operations Manager (Educational Group),Al Kuwait, Kuwait2013-05-22
- Intermediate Senior IT Security ConsultantVersatile Solutions Ltd (Versos) ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2013-05-22
- Tender SecretaryTransfield Emdad Services ,Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates2013-05-22
- Senior Geotechnical EngineerParsons International Limited ,Doha, Qatar2013-05-22
- SharePoint SpecialistVersatile Solutions Ltd (Versos) ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2013-05-22