Six Emirati girls were injured in a fatal collision between a truck and a bus in Aerad area of Al Ain on Saturday, which claimed one life.
Directorate of Traffic and Patrols at Abu Dhabi Police said the mishap occurred due to heavy fog in the morning hours.
The bus in which the girls were travelling caught fire in the impact of the collision, injuring them.
The girls were aged between 17 and 20 years.
The driver of the bus, a 23-year-old Pakistani national, was also injured in the accident.
Emergency crew transferred the injured girls to a hospital in Al Ain.
Maj. Salah Abdullah Humairi, head of traffic and patrols, urged drivers to exercise caution while driving in fog.
It is suspected that the truck came in from an inner lane without checking if the road ahead was clear, resulting in a collision with the bus.
Latest jobs available
- Senior Networks Operations ManagerGilsen Business Solutions ,United States2015-01-27
- HSE ManagerALSTOM ,Cairo, Egypt2015-01-27
- Senior Capacity-building Officer – Service DeliveryIRC International Rescue committee ,Mafraq, Jordan2015-01-27
- Inkfy Production SpecialistINKFY ,Jeddah , Saudi Arabia2015-01-27
- Human Resources SpecialistMixed Dimensions Inc - MXD3D ,Amman, Jordan2015-01-27