Dubai’s traffic police seized 490 cars whose owners were caught driving aggressively during intensified campaigns dubbed “desert without blood” launched in 2012, the emirate’s deputy traffic police was reported on Thursday as saying.
Colonel Saif Al Mazroui said 32 other vehicles were also impounded after their owners were caught driving under the influence of alcohol.
The campaign which targeted various areas inside Dubai and external roads resulted in the seizure of a total 6,120 cars and motorcycles involved in serious offences, he said, quoted by the Arabic language daily Emarat Alyoum.
“There were 11 separate campaigns targeting 11 areas inside Dubai and external roads…it resulted in the seizure of 6,120 vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles,” he said.
“Among the cars confiscated were 490 vehicles involved in aggressive driving and 32 whose owners were found to be driving under the influence of alcohol.”
He said 2,035 cars were also impounded for expired registration and 510 passenger vehicles for exceeding the defined passenger limit.
Mazroui said police involved in the campaign issued a total 174,986 tickets including nearly 62,000 for offences committed on external roads.
Latest jobs available
- Sales & Business Development ManagerFuture Career Generator ,Sharjah, United Arab Emirates2014-10-22
- Female and Male ESL and Computer Instructors needed for SaudiHirePro ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-10-22
- Day AuditorThe Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-10-22
- In Room Dining -SupervisorThe Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-10-22
- BartenderThe Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-10-22