Global Village rides operator changed following death of visitor

Appoints British company for the 2013-14 edition

Middle East’s largest cultural, shopping and entertainment outdoor destination Global Village has appointed a new operator for the rides after the death of a visitor earlier this year.

UK-based funfair services provider Mellors Group Events will manage the rides for the 2013-2014 edition of Global Village after it competitively won the bid.

In January 2013, Global Village suspended the previous operator from operating rides following the death of a visitor when he was hit by a metal piece which broke off the ride and landed on his head.

The funfair area at Global Village was fully managed by and comes under the full responsibility of the operator, a Global Village statement said in January 2013.

Global Village said Mellors Group Events will deliver services for 2013-14 season.

The British firm, which will be operating funfair area for the first time in the Middle East, boasts 20-year experience of providing rides and managing funfair areas in Europe.

James Mellors, Director of Mellors Group, said: “We will be announcing details of the new and innovative approach we are taking to the funfair attractions shortly but are confident that visitors will be able to enjoy a totally new experience for the forthcoming 2013-2014 season.”

The last edition of Global Village was held from October 21, 2012, to March 30, 2013, according to Dubai Calendar.

MUST READ:

  

 

 

Print
  • Twitter
  • submit to reddit
comments powered by Disqus

Videos

Follow
Emirates 24|7

Follow
Emirates 24|7
Pinterest Facebook Facebook Twitter RSS

Most Popular in News

Latest jobs available

More jobs on Emirates 24|7

In Case You Missed It ...