Trucks of 2.5 tonnes and above will not be allowed on the roads of Abu Dhabi City during rush hours throughout the Holy Month of Ramadan, the Abu Dhabi Police GHQ said.
The ban will be imposed from 7.30am to 9.30am and from 1pm to 3pm daily throughout the holy month, Abu Dhabi Police said in a statement.
The idea is to reduce traffic during the set timing, said Colonel Hussain Ahmed Al Hairithi, head of the Traffic and Patrols Directorate, Abu Dhabi Police.
The number of traffic police patrols will be increased to ensure compliance with the new rules, Al Harithi added stressing that truck drivers who fail to comply with the ban will be slapped with heavy fines on the spot.
The senior police official urged all truck drivers to strictly stick to the timings and observe safe driving instructions.
Latest jobs available
- Child PsychologistAssisted Learning And Developmental Resources ,Cairo, Egypt2014-08-21
- 3D Visualization for Interior Architectureشركة التلال الزرقاء القابضة ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-08-21
- Receptionist/ Front Desk Attendant (Only Saudi Female),Jubail, Saudi Arabia2014-08-21
- Recruitment Supervisor,Jubail, Saudi Arabia2014-08-21
- Government Relations Supervisor,Jubail, Saudi Arabia2014-08-21