Two men recently died after their girlfriends left them, with one hanging himself while the other was shot by policemen.
Richard Abu, 23, had choked and strangled his 26-year-old girlfriend named Sister, in Laguna, the southern province next to Metro Manila, last Sunday after she told him that she no longer wanted to be with him.
He then told Sister’s brother of what had happened and, when he was ignored, he went back inside their house in Barangay Barandal, Calamba town, and hanged himself from the ceiling, police reports said yesterday.
In Metro Manila’s Parañaque City, police shot to death Alexander Godofredo, 28, a resident of Marquez Compound, Barangay BF Homes, after he took his girlfriend hostage and stabbed her in the chest and thighs.
He was declared dead on arrival at the Olivarez Hospital yesterday, sustaining gunshot wounds to the head and body.
His girlfriend, the 40-year-old laundrywoman named Alicia Nulla, is recovering from her stab wounds in the same hospital.
Parañaque Police Chief Senior Superintendent Billy Beltran said he received reports that Godofredo and Nulla were lovers—until the latter expressed recently her intention to end their relationship.
Yesterday, the intoxicated Godofredo went to Nulla’s place and confronted her why she had left him.
He had wanted to win her back, but she turned him down. He went berserk, took her hostage, demanding she come back to him, and stabbed her when she said no, prompting the responding policemen to shoot him.
Latest jobs available
- Consultant Doctors in UAEThumbay Group ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-09-02
- Business Development Manager KSA e-commerceManpower Middle East ,Saudi Arabia2014-09-02
- Senior Finance AssociateManpower Middle East ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-09-02
- Temporary Office AdministratorManpower Middle East ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-09-02
- Student Support ManagerManpower Middle East ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-09-02