A Peruvian prosecutor said Friday that he would seek a 35-year sentence for a US citizen accused of murdering his Peruvian wife, then stuffing her body into a suitcase and throwing it into the ocean.
William Trickett Smith, 29, was extradited from the United States and arrived in Peru on Friday to face the charges.
Prosecutor Rafael Aguero charged Trickett with first degree murder.
In 2007, Trickett met Claudia Gomez, 21, through an website. After a whirlwind romance, the couple married.
Soon after, Trickett allegedly killed Gomez in a Lima hotel, stuffed the body in a suitcase with help from two accomplices, and threw the suitcase into the ocean.
Fishermen found the suitcase with the body near a Lima beach in August 2007. Gomez was identified by a butterfly tattoo that she had.
US officials arrested Trickett in late August 2007 on drug trafficking charges, and he was held in a jail in the US state of Pennsylvania pending the extradition request.
Latest jobs available
- Senior Accountant - GhanaM.C.A. People Solutions s.a.r.l ,Ghana2014-12-19
- مطلوب للعمل بدوام جزئي متسوقين خفيين للعمل في الكويتGWR Consulting ,Al Kuwait, Kuwait2014-12-19
- Communication for Protection CoordinatorRelief International ,Beirut, Lebanon2014-12-19
- Supply Chain CoordinatorRelief International ,Lebanon2014-12-19
- Senior Compliance OfficerRelief International ,Beirut, Lebanon2014-12-19