Newly crowned Italian champions Juventus are ready to splash £30 million on one world-class player to become serious Champions League contenders, according to the Mirror.
After two years away from Europe's premier club competition, the Turin giants aim are on the prowl in the Premier League for big stars this summer.
Arsenal's Robin Van Persie, Luis Suarez of Liverpool and Manchester City's Carlos Tevez are on the shopping list of the Turin club.
Newcastle star Hatem Ben Arfa has been added to the Juventus hit list, the report added.
Inter Milan are also tracking the France midfielder, who has enjoyed a sensational season at Tyneside after overcoming a badly broken leg.
Juve sporting director Fabio Paratici has been busy watching Chelsea play twice last month as he monitored the form of Blues trio Salomon Kalou, Raul Meireles and Branislav Ivanovic.
Pogba turns back on Man Utd for Juve
Sir Alex Ferguson's policy of investing in youth seems to be backfiring with his failure to keep French starlet Paul Pogba from quitting Manchester United.
Fergie had spent the whole season trying to persuade the 19-year-old to sign a new deal and had earmarked him for a big role in United's future.
But the France Under-19 international has agreed a four-year deal worth nearly £20,000-a-week with new Italian champions Juventus, according to the Daily Mirror.
Click to read Has Kenny turned Carroll into Torres
Pogba’s defection on a free transfer is a blow to Ferguson although he had fast-tracked him into his first team, handing him seven appearances this season.
The fact that United would be entitled to compensation is little consolation as Ferguson's problems of hanging on to his best young players seems to be increasing.
Pogba, who has been likened to Arsenal and France star Patrick Vieira because of his style and physique, will follow Ravel Morrison in exiting Old Trafford.
Juventus end long wait for Italian title
Juventus won Serie A for the first time since the Calciopoli match-fixing scandal on Sunday, clinching the title with a 2-0 win at Calgiari as AC Milan lost 4-2 to arch-rivals Inter in a stormy derby.
Diego Milito scored a hat-trick including two penalties for Inter, who hit back after falling 2-1 behind early in the second half while Zlatan Ibrahimovic claimed both Milan goals, the first a highly controversial penalty.
Mirko Vucinic set Juventus on their way in Trieste, Cagliari's adopted home for the remainder of this season, with a fifth-minute goal and Michele Canini put through his own net in the 74th minute.
There were chaotic scenes at the end as Juventus fans invaded the pitch to join the celebrations for a record 28th title, acheived in the first season under coach Antonio Conte.
The Sardinians have been forced to play their home games in Trieste, 800 kilometres from Cagliari on the Italian mainland because of safety problems at the intimidating Stadio Sant'Elia.
Juventus, still unbeaten after 37 matches, have 81 points, four clear of Milan, the defending champions.
Click to read Why Everton's Fellaini is Man Utd's Toure
They last won Serie A in 2003, having been stripped of the 2005 and 2006 titles over the Calciopoli match-fixing scandal.
"It's extraordinary, fantastic," Conte told reporters after winning the title in his first season in charge.
Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri was gracious in defeat.
Click to read No Champions League for Chelsea
"Juventus deserved to win the title, we'll try again next year," he said.
Juventus got off to a dream start when Vucinic sprang the Cagliari offside trap to run onto Leonardo Bonucci's pass and scored with an angled shot after five minutes.